Meaning of B/C
What Does B/C Mean? (Using B/C Online)B/C means "Because". The abbreviation B/C is typically used in computer-based conversations, such as chat forums and instant messaging, to mean "Because", as in "for the reason that" or "in view of the fact that". For example:
- I can't do that, B/C it's illegal. (Here, B/C means "for the reason that".)
- B/C it's late, I'll stay here. (Here, B/C means "in view of the fact that".)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for B/CB/C means "Because". This is the most common definition for B/C on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about B/C:
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for B/CWhen I write B/C, I mean this:
B/C means "Because"
Examples of B/C in SentencesHere are examples of B/C being used in conversations and jokes:
- Steve: What makes you think you're unpopular?
- Rachel: B/C when it comes to a group picture they always hand me the camera.
- If you can smile when things go wrong, it's B/C you have someone else to blame.
An Academic Look at B/CB/C is a contraction of the word "Because". Some contractions, such as AMP (amplifier), use the opening letters of the fully expanded version. Other contractions, like Dr (doctor), use letters from the start and end of the fully expanded version. Contractions can also be formed by replacing a letter(s) with an apostrophe, e.g., can't (cannot).
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just written "because" or something like "seeing that" or "since" instead of using B/C.
A Text with B/C
Using B/C on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)