Meaning of GBU
What Does GBU Mean? (Using GBU Online)GBU means "God Bless You". The abbreviation GBU with the meaning "God Bless You" is typically used to show gratitude or when saying goodbye.
- Thanks a million! I couldn't have done that without you. GBU. (Here, GBU expresses gratitude.)
- Bye. Take care. GBU. (Here, GBU is used to commend the recipient to the care of God.)
Summary of Key Points
Definition for GBUGBU means "God Bless You". This is the most common definition for GBU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about GBU:
|Definition:||God Bless You|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for GBUWhen I write GBU, I mean this:
GBU is often used as a sign of gratitude or when saying goodbye.
Examples of GBU in SentencesHere's an example of GBU being used in a joke:
- Little Boy: When I grow up, I want to be a king and have three wives. One to cook, one to sing and one to bathe me.
- Mom: And what about one to cuddle you while you sleep, son?
- Little Boy: But, won't you still sleep with me mommy?
- Mom [eyes filled with tears]: GBU son! But who will sleep with your 3 wives?
- Little Boy: They can sleep with daddy.
- Dad [eyes filled with tears]: GBU, son!
An Academic Look at GBUGBU is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Gee Bee Yoo). However, as the abbreviation GBU is typically used for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech, it is not often uttered using its letters.
Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we would have just said "God Bless You" instead of using the abbreviation GBU.
A Text with GBU
Using GBU on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)