Meaning of MAPOTI
What Does MAPOTI Mean? (Using MAPOTI Online)MAPOTI means "Most Annoying People On the Internet". The acronym MAPOTI refers to an irritating person on the internet, usually for one of the following reasons:
- TROLLING on blogs
- OVERSHARING details about their meals
- Oversharing details about their family, particularly children (see SHARENTING)
- Overusing HASHTAGS
- Overusing idioms and "management speak"
- Correcting people's grammar consistently
- Complaining constantly
- Commenting with one-upmanship
Summary of Key Points
Definition for MAPOTIMAPOTI means "Most Annoying People On the Internet". This is the most common definition for MAPOTI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about MAPOTI:
|Definition:||Most Annoying People On the Internet|
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for MAPOTIWhen I write MAPOTI, I mean this:
Someone who consistently corrects grammar could be called a MAPOTI.
Examples of MAPOTI in SentencesHere are examples of MAPOTI being used in conversations:
- Kevin: Did you read the latest blog from Simon Sausage?
- Anna: I can't stand that bloke, he's one of the MAPOTI.
- Marie:You know what they'll call you if you write your blog?
- Nicci: A MAPOTI?
An Academic Look at MAPOTIMAPOTI is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters. MAPOTI typically plays the role of a noun, but it is occasionally seen as an adjective. For example:
- My friends call me a MAPOTI. (Here, MAPOTI is a noun.)
- He can only be desribed as a MAPOTI. (Here, MAPOTI is an adjective.)
What Did We Used To Say?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I can't believe some people make a living out of writing this stuff on the internet," instead of MAPOTI.
A Text with MAPOTI
Using MAPOTI on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)