Meaning of RAINCHECK
What Does RAINCHECK Mean? (Using RAINCHECK Online)RAINCHECK means "Postponement Until Another Occasion". When someone asks for a RAINCHECK, they are asking to postpone an invite to a later date.
The term RAINCHECK originates from baseball. In the 1880s, paying spectators would receive a "rain check" entitling them to future admission for a game that was postponed or ended early due to bad weather. The term soon evolved to refer to other kinds of admission tickets, coupons, and invitations.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for RAINCHECKRAINCHECK means "Postponement until another occasion (US)". This is the most common definition for RAINCHECK on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about RAINCHECK:
|Definition:||Postponement until another occasion (US)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for RAINCHECKWhen I write RAINCHECK, I mean this:
To take a RAINCHECK means to postpone plans until another time.
Examples of RAINCHECK in SentencesHere are examples of RAINCHECK being used in conversations:
- Person A: Can I take a RAINCHECK on the cocktails tonight?
- Person B: Sure, perhaps we can grab a coffee next week.
- Person A: Would you like to have dinner with us next Saturday?
- Person B: I'd love to but we are busy on Saturday. Could we take a RAINCHECK?
An Academic Look at RAINCHECKRAINCHECK is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- I'm very busy this week. Can I take a RAINCHECK? (Here, RAINCHECK is being used as a noun.)
A Text with RAINCHECK
Using RAINCHECK on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)