Meaning of WUM
What Does WUM Mean? (Using WUM Online)WUM means "Wind Up Merchant". A wind-up merchant is someone who enjoys teasing other people, often with false stories or comments designed to provoke a reaction. A WUM will often regard it as fun, but the teasing can sometimes be malicious and is almost always irritating for the recipient. The term is thought to have originated from the action of winding up a clock or device to increase tension.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for WUMWUM means "Wind-Up Merchant". This is the most common definition for WUM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter. Here is some more information about WUM:
Adults and Teenagers
An Image for WUMWhen I write WUM, I mean this:
Examples of WUM in SentencesHere are examples of WUM being used in conversations:
- Person A: Did you hear what Steve was saying about his job?
- Person B: He's such a WUM; you can't believe anything he says.
- Person A: I went on a date with a model last night.
- Person B: Yeah right, you're such a WUM.
An Academic Look at WUMWUM is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- He's a WUM. (Here, WUM is being used as a noun.)
A Text with WUM
Using WUM on a Cell Phone (SMS Texts, Whatsapp, and Yubl)