What Does EKG Mean?EKG means "electrocardiograph."
EKG is an abbreviation of the German word "electrocardiography," which is the English word electrocardiogram ECG) translated into German. In English, both electrocardiogram and electrocardiograph are used interchangeably.
EKG is preferred over ECG by some doctors, because it is considered less likely to be confused with an EEG (electroencephalogram), which is a test that measures the electrical activity in the brain.
Image for EKG
When I write EKG, I mean this:
Electrocardiograph is an alternative spelling of electrocardiogram.
Summary of Key Points"Electrocardiograph" is the most common definition for EKG on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of EKG Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoHybrid and Electric Vehicle Terms EA (electronic arts) ECU (electronic control unit) EDM (electronic dance music) EEG (electroencephalogram, extremely evil grin) EFT (electronic funds transfer) EFTPOS (electronic funds transfer at point of sale) EMP (electromagnetic pulse)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.