What Does ECG Mean?ECG means "Electrocardiogram."
An electrocardiogram (ECG) is a simple and painless test used to check your heart's rhythm and electrical activity. Sensors attached to the skin are used to detect the electrical signals produced by your heart each time it beats. These signals are recorded by a machine and are reviewed by a doctor to see if they are unusual.
An electrocardiogram is often referred to as an EKG.
Image for ECG
When I write ECG, I mean this:
An ECG is a simple and painless test.
Summary of Key Points"Electrocardiogram" is the most common definition for ECG on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at ECGECG is classified as an initialism abbreviation, as it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ee See Gee").
Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are abbreviations spoken as words (e.g., LOL, NATO).
Example of ECG Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoHybrid and Electric Vehicle Terms EA (electronic arts) ECU (electronic control unit) EDM (electronic dance music) EEG (electroencephalogram, extremely evil grin) EFT (electronic funds transfer) EFTPOS (electronic funds transfer at point of sale) EMP (electromagnetic pulse)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.