What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does 2G2BT Mean?2GTBT means "Too Good to Be True." It is used to indicate that something is so good that it is difficult to believe that it is real, or was so good that it could not possibly have been true.
- The phrase "Too Good to Be True" is now commonly used in hyperbolic marketing.
- The origins of the phrase "Too Good to Be True" are unknown. It was noted as early as the 16th century, when it was part of the title of the book Sivquila; Too Good to be True (1580), by the English author Thomas Lupton.
Image for 2G2BTWhen I write 2G2BT, I mean this: If something appears 2G2BT it probably is.
Summary of Key Points"Too Good to Be True" is the most common definition for 2G2BT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Too Good to Be True|
Adults and Teenagers
Example of 2G2BT in a SentenceHere's an example of 2G2BT being used in conversation:
- Boss: I'd like to say that you are the best worker in this company. Your results are exceptional, your turnout and timekeeping are impeccable, and your contribution to the team is outstanding. I would like to offer you a huge raise.
- Dan: Wow! Thanks boss. That sounds 2G2BT!
- Boss: It is 2G2BT. I'd like to say it, but it would be a lie. You're a lazy shirker and you're fired!
An Academic Look at 2G2BT2G2BT is classified as a cyber term as opposed to an initialism abbreviation or an acronym. Initially, cyber term terms were introduced for brevity, but, particularly with the advent of predictive texting and on-screen keyboards, they are now mostly employed for fun. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Too Good to Be True" instead of 2G2BT.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of 2G2BT Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?