What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does 4GET Mean?4GET means "Forget." The abbreviation 4GET is a cyber term used in text-based conversations to mean "Forget."
4GET is often used as an imperative, or as a verb. For example:
- You can 4GET it! (Here, 4GET is being used to give an order.)
- I will never 4GET you. (Here, 4GET is being used to express an action.)
Image for 4GETWhen I write 4GET, I mean this: They say that elephants never 4GET.
Summary of Key Points"Forget" is the most common definition for 4GET on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of 4GET in SentencesHere are examples of 4GET being used in conversations:
- That guy is so stupid. If he ever stopped to think, he would 4GET to start again.
- When I'm dead, I'm going to 4GET everything, and I advise you to do the same. [Kurt Vonnegut Jr.]
An Academic Look at 4GET4GET is classified as a cyber term as opposed to an initialism abbreviation or an acronym. Initially, cyber term terms were introduced for brevity, but, particularly with the advent of predictive texting and on-screen keyboards, they are now mostly employed for fun. Cyber terms differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have written "Forget" instead of using the abbreviation 4GET.
Using Numbers in TextsThis video shows the different ways that numbers are used in "text speak":
Example of 4GET Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?