What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does AWKS Mean?AWKS means "Awkward." AWKS is typically used online to respond to people describing events which are awkward or embarrassing. For example:
- Tony: I walked around the shops for an hour before I realised my skirt was tucked into my underwear at the back.
- Jordan: Ha ha, AWKS!
Image for AWKSWhen I write AWKS, I mean this: AWKS is used to describe one of those awkward moments.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for AWKSAWKS means "Awkward" (see also AWK, AWKY). This is the most common definition for AWKS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter.
(see also AWK, AWKY)
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of AWKS in SentencesHere are examples of AWKS being used in conversations:
- Wife: The woman interviewing me had exactly the same dress on as me.
- Husband: No way! AWKS.
- Tony: Granddad made a mildly racist comment in the library, but because he is deaf he said it really loudly.
- Jordan: Ah, AWKS.
An Academic Look at AWKYAWKS is a shortened version of awkward and is therefore a contraction. The addition of S at the end is a contemporary style of ending to a contracted word. The term AWKS is nearly always used an adjective (i.e., a describing word).
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I could have died" instead of AWKS.
Example of AWKS Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?