What Does BOA Mean in a Text?BOA means Bind On Account in an online gaming context but Bank of America in business context.
Bind On AccountIn gaming, BOAs are features of MMOs (Massively Multiplayer Online) games. They are items that when found or bought cannot be sold or traded to other players. However, BOAs can be allocated to another character from the same account.
BOA differs from BOE (Bind On Equip), which does not allow items to be transferred at all, even between characters on the same account.
BOAs are similar to HEIRLOOMs. In fact, in many games, the terms are interchangeable.
Bank Of AmericaOutside of the gaming world, BOA is also an abbreviation for "Bank Of America."
Image for BOA
When I write BOA, I mean this:
"Bind On Account, Bank of America"
Summary of Key Points"Bind On Account" is the most common definition for BOA on online gaming forums.
|Bind On Account, Bank of America
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of BOA in SentencesHere is an example of BOA being used in an online conversation:
- Jon: Will you trade me some of those? I will need them for the next level.
- Jess: I can't. They're BOA.
Example of BOA Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoOnline Gaming Terms The Use of Numbers in Text Speak What's the Purpose of a Hashtag? How to Spot Internet Grooming How to Spot a Drug User
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.