What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does BOL Mean?BOL (Best Of Luck) is most commonly used to wrap up a conversation about someone else's future undertaking, and it is used in its literal sense (i.e., there is no connotation. It literally means "I wish you the best of luck").
Of note, BOL is occasionally used to mean "burst out laughing" as an alternative for LOL, but this is rare. It is also used on occasion to mean "bullsh*t," but this too is rare with BUL being the accepted shorthand.
Image for BOLWhen I write BOL, I mean this: A 3-leaf clover is a symbol of good luck.
Summary of Key Points"Best of Luck" is the most common definition for BOL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Best of Luck|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
50 Ways to Say "Best Friend"Here's a short video giving 50 ways to tell someone they're your best friend:
Examples of BOL in SentencesHere is an example of BOL being used in conversations:
- Charlie: Well, it's time to go. My exam starts in an hour.
- Jordan: BOL!
- Charlie: BOL with your interview today.
- Jordan: Thank you. (BOL mostly features at the end of a conversation, but not always.)
An Academic Look at BOLBOL is mostly used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement), which translates best as "I wish you the best of luck." However, it can also take a direct object, in which case it translates best as "I wish you the best of luck with...". For example:
- BOL your exam.
- BOL with your exam. (It is also common for the preposition with to be included.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "happy landings" or "tight lines" instead of BOL.
Example of BOL Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what BOL means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?