What Does CIS Mean?The abbreviation CIS is widely used with the meaning "cisgender" to refer to a person whose gender identity matches the sex they were assigned at birth. For example, a person who was assigned male at birth and who identifies as a man is a cisgender man.
The abbreviation CIS and the term cisgender are the opposite of TG/transgender.
Image for CIS
When I write CIS, I mean this:
Cisgender is the opposite of transgender.
Summary of Key Points"Cisgender" is the most common definition for CIS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Here is some more information about CIS.
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Example of CIS Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoAGENDER (person who does not identify with any gender) Gaysplain (a gay person condescendingly explaining gay issues) LGBTIQAPD (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or questioning, intersex, asexual and/or ally, pansexual, and demi-sexual) LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or questioning, intersex, and asexual and/or ally) QPOC (queer people of color) QR (queer) QTPOC (queer and/or trans people of color) Queersplain (a queer person condescendingly explaining queer issues) Straightsplain (a straight person explaining LGBT issues to a gay person
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.