What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does CML Mean?CML means "Call Me Later." The abbreviation CML is typically used at the end of a text chat or when contact has been established at an inopportune moment.
Of note, CML also stands for "Chronic Myeloid Leukaemia," which is a type of cancer that starts in certain blood-forming cells of the bone marrow.
Image for CMLWhen I write CML, I mean this: CML indicates that the recipient would like to speak later.
Summary of Key Points"Call Me Later" is the most common definition for CML on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Call Me Later|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of CML in SentencesHere are examples of CML being used in conversations with the meaning "Call Me Later":
- Interviewer: The starting salary is $10K, rising to $20K later.
- Interviewee: Great! CML.
- Hey alcohol, we had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer. I saw the video and we need to talk! CML.
An Academic Look at CMLCML is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., See Em Ell), but as this is harder to say than "Call Me Later," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation CML is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
Of note, CML is an imperative sentence (i.e., an order).
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said something like "Call Me Later" or "Call Me Tonight" instead of using the abbreviation CML.
Example of CML Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what CML means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?