What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does Doggo Mean?Doggo means "Dog."
The term doggo is a slang word that simply means "dog." It is part of a phenomenon called "DoggoLingo" or "Doggo-speak," that is supposed to be a simple, upbeat, joyful, and friendly way of speaking. For example:
- Jo: Terri's doggo has had the cutest puppies.
- Sam: We already have 3 doggos. We haven't got room for another.
- Lee: Are you going to the store later?
- Ali: I thought you went earlier. Did you forget to buy food for the doggo?
- Lee: No, of course I remembered the dog food! I forgot just about everything else.
- Pupper - a puppy or a small dog.
- Pupperino - a puppy.
- Floof - a fluffy dog.
- Fluffer - a fluffy dog.
- Long Boi - a long dog.
- Woofer - a large dog.
Since memes began, people have agreed that cats ruled the internet. However, since 2016, the internet has gone to the dogs! This is largely due to popular memes and social media profiles dedicated to dogs. The Twitter account WeRateDogs, which has millions of followers, rates dogs and insists that every dog is a "good boy" and has a rating of over 10 out of 10. The phrase "We don't deserve dogs" is popular in many internet posts, which share pictures explaining why dogs are too precious for this world.
A tweet from the account WeRateDogs:
A "We don't deserve dogs" meme:
This is Poppy. She’s doing her best.13/10 hopes you’re proud of her pic.twitter.com/4noYX2D6y1— WeRateDogs™ (@dog_rates) 7 June 2018
Image for DoggoWhen I write Doggo, I mean this: Doggo is internet speak for "dog."
Summary of Key Points"Dog" is the most common definition for Doggo on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at DoggoDoggo is a slang word. Slang refers to words, phrases and uses of language that are regarded as very informal and which are often restricted to a special context or a particular group of users.
Doggo is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- I have a big doggo, with long pointy ears.
- My doggo, is so cute he makes me want to cry.
Example of Doggo Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?