What Does EASTER EGG Mean?EASTER EGG means Hidden Feature in an online gaming context.
EASTER EGGS are "Hidden Features" in media, including games, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, comics and even office software. They are usually inconsequential or irrelevant, but can also include bonus features, secret levels or deleted scenes.
Many EASTER EGGS in games are unauthorised modifications made by developers. However, many more are deliberately included to enhance a game's appeal.
Image for EASTER EGG
When I write EASTER EGG, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points"Hidden Feature" is the most common definition for EASTER EGG on online gaming forums.
|Slang Term (Jargon)
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of EASTER EGG in SentencesHere is an example of EASTER EGG being used in an online conversation:
- Rick: Did you find the EASTER EGG in Age of Empires.
- Rachel: Which one?
Example of EASTER EGG Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoOnline Gaming Terms The Use of Numbers in Text Speak What's the Purpose of a Hashtag? How to Spot Internet Grooming How to Spot a Drug User
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.