What Does ERP Mean?ERP (Erotic Role Play) most commonly refers to a writing game played by two writers. In essence, it is "erotic story tennis" with each writer being responsible for their own characters. For example:
Not all role play (i.e., "writing tennis") is erotic. Role play is a technique used by writers to learn each other's writing styles or simply to develop story lines. In role play (erotic or otherwise), a writer can be responsible for more than one character, and it is possible for writers to have joint "control" over characters. Role play is not limited to two writers, but it becomes hard to manage with more than two. Generally, each writer has sole responsibility for one character, known as their chari. The first rule of role play is do not interfere with someone else's chari.
Image for ERP
When I write ERP, I mean this:
On the internet, ERP usually relates to a game of "story tennis" between two writers.
Summary of Key Points"Erotic Role Play" is the most common definition for ERP on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Erotic Role Play|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of ERP in SentencesHere is an example of ERP being used in a sentence:
- Tony: Shall we continue with the ERP tonight?
- Jordan: Okay, but be warned. My chari is going to take the story in a whole new direction.
- Tony: It sounds like my chari won't be needing his chocolate spread then.
An Academic Look at ERPERP is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- That ERP was very useful. I noticed you tend to avoid adverbs. (Here, ERP is being used as a noun.)
ERP is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Ee Ar Pee). (Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words.)
Example of ERP Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.