What Does FAUX PAS Mean?FAUX PAS means "Mistake (from the French for "false step")".
Image for FAUX PAS
When I write FAUX PAS, I mean this:
"Mistake (from the French for "false step")"
Summary of Key Points"Mistake (from the French for "false step")" is the most common definition for FAUX PAS on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Mistake (from the French for "false step")|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of FAUX PAS Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoSee our list of accented-letter symbols New ways to say I love you Text-speak using just numbers A list of dating terms
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.