What Does FOT Mean in a Text?FOT means "Fat But Hot." This term is used in speech more than in writing. It is not an abbreviation but a portmanteaux word, which is a word comprised of parts of two other words (in this case FAT and HOT).
Here are some other common meanings of FOT:
|Fiber Optic Transceiver
|Field Operations Test
|First of Type
|Flight Operations Team
|Flight Operations Transmission
|Follow-on Operational Test
|Form of Tender
|Forward Message Transfer
|Free of Tax
|Free On Truck
|Frequency, Offset and Tone
Image for FOT
When I write FOT, I mean this:
Cuddly and gorgeous
Summary of Key Points"Fat But Hot" is the most common definition for FOT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Fat But Hot
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of FOT in SentencesHere are examples of FOT being used in conversations:
- John: Do you known Jackie?
- Tim: The FOT from tennis?
- Alan: You are FOT!
- Sarah: Er, thanks, I think.
An Academic Look at FOTFOT is an example of a portmanteaux word, which is word made from the first half of one word and the second half of another. DOKE (Diet Coke) is another example of a portmanteaux word.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Fat Hotty" instead of FOT.
Example of FOT Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.