What Does FTTB Mean in a Text?FTTB means "For the Time Being." It is an abbreviation used in text speak to mean "For The Time Being," in the sense of temporarily or for the moment. FTB indicates that a situation or agreement will exist until another arrangement is made at some unspecified time in the future. Of note:
- "For the Time Being: A Christmas Oratorio" is a poem by W. H.Auden, which was first published in 1944. It was one of two long poems included in Auden's book also titled "For the Time Being."
- FTTB can also mean "Fiber to the Building," which is a type of fiber-optic cable installation where the cable goes to a point on a shared property and, from there, other cabling provides the connection to individual homes or offices.
Image for FTTB
When I write FTTB, I mean this:
For The Time Being, is a poem and a book by W H Auden.
Summary of Key Points"For the Time Being" is the most common definition for FTTB on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|For the Time Being
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of FTTB in SentencesHere are examples of FTTB being used in statements:
- FTTB the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts.
- FTTB my job is secure. No one else wants it.
An Academic Look at FTTBThe abbreviation FTTB is a prepositional phrase (the preposition is for), which is used as an adverb to establish the setting for the main clause.
FTTB is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eff Tee Tee Bee), but as this is harder to say than "For The Time Being," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation FTTB is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said something like, "for now" or "at the moment" instead of using the abbreviation FTTB.
Example of FTTB Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.