What Does FTZ Mean?FTZ means "Free Trade Zone," or "Foreign-Trade Zone."
The abbreviation FTZ is used internationally in business and commerce to mean "Free Trade Zone." In the US, FTZs are called "Foreign-Trade Zones."
An FTZ is a type of special economic zone (SEZ) where goods are subject to special customs regulations that allow companies to import materials, manufacture goods, and export products without being subject to the usual rules and taxes.
FTZs are usually established around major seaports, international airports, and national frontiers.
Image for FTZ
When I write FTZ, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points"Free/Foreign Trade Zone" is the most common definition for FTZ on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
Example of FTZ Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoCBP (Customs and Border Protection) ESG (environmental, social and governance) ETDZ (economic and technological development zone) HIDZ (high-tech industry development zone) SDG (sustainable development goals)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.