What Does FWY Mean?FWY means "F*cking With You."
The abbreviation FWY is used with the meaning "F*cking With You" to indicate that what has just been said was a joke. It is a colloquial term for "I am joking" or "I am kidding." FWY is typically delivered after some shocking but false news, to let the recipient know it was said as a joke. (See below for examples.)
"F*cking With You" is also abbreviated as FWU.
Image for FWY
When I write FWY, I mean this:
FWY indicates that something was meant as a joke.
Summary of Key Points"F*cking With You" is the most common definition for FWY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||F*cking With You|
4: Difficult to guess
Examples of FWY in SentencesHere are examples of FWY being used in conversation:
- Husband: I've bought a Ferrari. Hey, you only live once.
- Wife: What the hell!
- Husband: FWY. I've ordered the Prius.
- Claire: My dad read your text.
- Jack: Eek!
- Claire: FWY.
An Academic Look at FWYThe abbreviation FWY is used normally as a declarative sentence (i.e., a statement), with the meaning "F*cking With You." It is not typically used as a part of speech in a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Just kidding" or "Only joking" instead of using FWY.
Example of FWY Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoHHOJ (ha ha only joking) IJ (I'm joking) J (joking) JJ (just joking) NJ (not joking) OJ (only joking) YMBJ (you must be joking)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.