What Does GBTM Mean?GBTM means "Get Back To Me." The abbreviation GBTM is normally used at the end of a conversation. GBTM usually indicates that one of the participants has to go away in order to confirm something and is expected to re-establish contact quite soon.
Image for GBTM
When I write GBTM, I mean this:
"Get Back To Me"
Summary of Key Points"Get Back to Me" is the most common definition for GBTM on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Get Back to Me|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of GBTM in SentencesHere are examples of GBTM being used in conversations:
- Kerry: I am not sure about that.
- Pete: OK. GBTM when you find out.
- Steve: Can you please check with Teresa and GBTM?
- Helen: Will do.
An Academic Look at GBTMGBTM is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Gee Bee Tee Emm). The abbreviation GBTM is not normally used speech but for efficiency in writing.
The abbreviation GBTM is normally used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement) with the meaning "Get back to me”. GBTM is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "Get back to me" instead of GBTM.
Example of GBTM Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoHOLLA BACK (get back to me) CMB (call me back) CMB (call me back) HIT ME UP (call me later) PCM (please call me) WCB (will call back) WYCM (will you call me?)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.