What Does GRINDING Mean in a Text?GRINDING means Performing Repetitive Tasks in an online gaming context.
GRINDING is a term used in gaming to refer to the act of "Performing Repetitive Tasks" within a game to gain experience points, to progress through the game, or to earn money or other items.
GRINDING requires a big time investment from players and can sometimes be avoided by paying to buy the required items.
Image for GRINDING
When I write GRINDING, I mean this:
"Performing Repetitive Tasks"
Summary of Key Points"Performing Repetitive Tasks" is the most common definition for GRINDING on online gaming forums.
|Performing Repetitive Tasks
|Slang Word (Jargon)
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of GRINDING in SentencesHere is an example of GRINDING being used in an online conversation:
- Paul: Are you coming over tonight?
- Jerri: I can't. I'll be GRINDINGthrough this level for the rest of the week.
Example of GRINDING Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoOnline Gaming Terms The Use of Numbers in Text Speak What's the Purpose of a Hashtag? How to Spot Internet Grooming How to Spot a Drug User Using the currency symbols
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.