What Does GTBOSH Mean?GTBOSH means "Glad To Be Of Some Help."
The abbreviation GTBOSH is used with the meaning "Glad To Be Of Some Help," as in You're welcome" or "Don't mention it." For example:
- Sam: Those stats you gave me were really useful when compiling my report.
- Jo: GTBOSH.
- Ali: Thanks for looking after the garden while I was away.
- Ray: I really enjoyed it and I was GTBOSH.
Image for GTBOSH
When I write GTBOSH, I mean this:
GTBOSH means you're happy to have helped someone out.
Summary of Key Points"Glad to Be of Some Help" is the most common definition for GTBOSH on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Glad to Be of Some Help|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
An Academic Look at GTBOSHGTBOSH is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Gee Tee Bee Oh Ess Aitch), but as this is harder to say than "Glad To Be Of Some Help," it is not often spoken using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation GTBOSH is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "You're welcome" or "No probs" instead of using GTBOSH.
Example of GTBOSH Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoHTH (Hope That Helps) ICYMI (in case you missed it) SLH (Santa's Little Helper) CAN DO (No Problem) NOP (No Problem) NPAA (No Problem At All) NPW (No Problem Whatsoever) URW (You Are Welcome)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.