What Does GWARN Mean?The word GWARN (sometimes written GWAAN or GWAN) means "go on" with a begging connotation.
GWARN is similar to PWEASE.
Of note, GWARN is often repeated endlessly until the "target" yields. In the UK, endlessly repeating "go on" (which led to GWARN and GWAAN) was popularized by Mrs Doyle in the TV show "Father Ted."
Image for GWARN
When I write GWARN, I mean this:
"Go on. Go on. Go on." was popularized by Mrs Doyle in the TV show Father Ted.
Summary of Key Points"Go on" is the most common definition for GWARN on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Go on (with a begging connotation) (see also GWAAN)|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of GWARN in SentencesHere is an example of GWARN being used in a conversation:
- Charlie: Are you coming down town tonight?
- Jordan: No, I need to prepare a presentation.
- Charlie: GWARN, GWARN, GWARN.
- Jordan: Okay then, but only because you begged nicely.
An Academic Look at GWARNGWARN is used like an imperative sentence (i.e., an order). In other words, it is not used as a part of speech within a wider sentence. The word GWARN cannot be considered a contraction, given it is actually longer than the full version, "go on."
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Oh, pretty please" or "I'm begging you" instead of GWARN.
Example of GWARN Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoGWAAN (go on with a begging connotation) PCB (please come back) PCM (please call me) PLIX (please) PLOX (please) PLS (please) PLX (please) PLZ (please) PTM (please tell me) PWEASE (simpering form of please)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.