What Does IKWYL Mean?IKWYL means "I Know Where You Live." The abbreviation IKWYL can be used as a simple confirmation that the sender knows the address of the recipient. However, it is often used as a threat of violence and implies that the sender knows where to find the recipient and could attack them there.
The 1995 American film "Tommy Boy" featured the line: "I know where you live and I've seen where you sleep. I swear to everything holy that your mothers will cry when they see what I've done to you."
Image for IKWYL
When I write IKWYL, I mean this:
IKWYL is often a menacing statement.
Summary of Key Points"I Know Where You Live" is the most common definition for IKWYL on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Know Where You Live|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IKWYL in SentencesHere are examples of IKWYL being used in conversations:
- Alex: I haven't got your money.
- Daniel: You'd better be joking. Don't forget IKWYL.
- Anna: Can you pick up the sofa tonight?
- Karen: No problems. IKWYL. I'll be there at 7pm.
An Academic Look at IKWYLIKWYL is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Eye Kay Dblyoo Why El"). However, it not spoken using its letters.
IKWYL is an abbreviated sentence, usually delivered with menace.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I Know Where You Live" instead of using the abbreviation IKWYL.
Example of IKWYL Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoYKIMS (You Know It Makes Sense) DIT (Details In Threat) BADMAN (Gangster) BV (Bad Vibe) Using the currency symbols
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.