What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does ILU Mean?ILU means "I Love You." The significance of using the abbreviation ILU depends on the relationship between the sender and the recipient. Whilst actually saying "I love you" is still considered a declaration of deep, romantic, and exclusive affection, the abbreviation ILU should not always be taken so literally. It is sometimes used just to show affection, rather than as an actual declaration of love.
Image for ILUWhen I write ILU, I mean this: "I Love You"
Summary of Key Points"I Love You" is the most common definition for ILU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||I Love You|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Examples of ILU in SentencesHere are examples of ILU being used in conversations:
- Tessa: I hate not being with you every minute of every day.
- Danny: ILU.
- Sharon: I have got the tickets for the show!
- Tony: Hooray! You're the greatest! ILU.
An Academic Look at ILUILU is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Ell Yoo), but as this is harder to say than "I love you" it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation ILU is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
The abbreviation ILU is normally used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement) with the meaning "I love you." ILU is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I love you" instead of using the abbreviation ILU.
Example of ILU Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what ILU means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?