What Does INDIE Mean in a Text?INDIE means "Independent." It is used with the meaning "Independent" to refer to movies, music and video games created without financial backing from major companies.
INDIE was first applied to niche music bands operating outside of the mainstream. Rather than a style of music, it referred to the financial circumstances of its distribution.
Image for INDIE
When I write INDIE, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points"Independent" is the most common definition for INDIE on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Slang Word (Jargon)
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of INDIE in SentencesHere is an example of INDIE being used in conversation:
- Trevor: What's your favorite INDIE game?
- Jo: I love My Friend Pedro. Have you played it?
Example of INDIE Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoNew ways to say I love you Text-speak using just numbers A list of dating terms Using the music symbols
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.