What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does IRLY Mean?IRLY means "I Really Like You" or "I Really Love You."
The abbreviation IRLY is commonly used with the meaning "I Really Like You" or "I Really Love You" to let the recipient know they are special to the sender. The addition of "really" usually serves to emphasize the depth of emotion. However, when used with the meaning "I Really Like You," IRLY can have either positive or negative connotations for the recipient. For example:
- IRLY. You always know just what to say.
- IRLY too. Even though I have only known you for such a short time. (Here, IRLY has very positive connotations and indicates that this relationship has the potential to develop into something more serious.)
- You are so much more than a friend to me. I don't think I could live without you.
- IRLY. It's always nice to chat. (Here, IRLY indicates that this relationship is probably not going to develop into anything more romantic.)
Image for IRLYWhen I write IRLY, I mean this: IRLY also means "I Really Love You."
Summary of Key Points
First Definition for IRLYIRLY means "I Really Like You." This is the most common definition for IRLY on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter.
|Definition:||I Really Like You|
Adults and Teenagers
Second Definition for IRLYIRLY also means "I Really Love You":
|Definition:||I Really Love You|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of IRLY in SentencesHere are examples of IRLY being used in conversations:
- Her: I'm busy every night this week.
- Him: Oh... but, IRLY.
- Ryan: Do you like me?
- Sian: IRLY.
- Ryan: Fancy going for a drink sometime?
- Sian: I thought you'd never ask.
An Academic Look at IRLYThe abbreviation IRLY is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Eye Arr Ell Why). However, it is not usually spoken using its letters. The abbreviation IRLY is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "I Really Like You" or "I Really Love You" instead of using the abbreviation IRLY.
Example of IRLY Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what IRLY means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?