What Does KIRF Mean?KIRF means "Keeping It Real Fake."
The abbreviation KIRF is an acronym used with the meaning "Keeping It Real Fake" to describe clones or copies of popular digital devices, such as smart phones. The origins of KIRF are unclear, but the tech blog “Engadget” is widely credited with popularizing the term.
Image for KIRF
When I write KIRF, I mean this:
A good KIRF can be difficult to tell from the real thing.
Summary of Key Points"Keeping It Real Fake" is the most common definition for KIRF on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Keeping It Real Fake|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of KIRF in SentencesHere are examples of KIRF being used in conversations:
- Sandy: Is that a new IPhone?
- Jackie: I wish! It's a KIRF.
- Client: I need a new screen for my S9.
- Assistant: I can get you a KIRF for a quarter of the price.
An Academic Look at KIRFKIRF is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
KIRF is an abbreviation of the phrase "Keeping It Real Fake" that is used as a slang term. Slang refers to words, phrases and uses of language that are regarded as very informal and which are often restricted to a special context or a particular group of users.
KIRF can be used as both a noun and an adjective. For example:
- His new tablet is a KIRF. (Here, KIRF is being used as a noun.)
- They KIRFed the new IPhone and were selling it before Apple! (Here, KIRF is being used as a verb.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital area, we might have said something like “Counterfeit” or “Knock Off” instead of using KIRF to refer to copied or cloned goods.
Example of KIRF Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.