What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does KPC Mean?KPC means "Keep Parents Clueless." The abbreviation KPC is commonly used during text or chat conversations between children or teenagers who are undertaking or planning an activity (online or offline) that they wish to keep secret from adults. (For example, planning a party, playing online games instead of doing homework, engaging in dating-style chat, etc.)
KPC might also be used by an older person "grooming" a youngster online.
Image for KPCWhen I write KPC, I mean this: Don't tell your parents!
Summary of Key Points"Keep Parents Clueless" is the most common definition for KPC on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Keep Parents Clueless|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of KPC in SentencesHere are examples of KPC being used in conversations:
- Maria: My Dad will think it's so cool that we're going to steal a car.
- Leo: Don't tell him! Remember the rules. KPC!
- Sam: I'll let myself out of the house once they're all asleep.
- Ryan: Great. Don't forget, KPC. They'll only spoil my surprise.
An Academic Look at KPCKPC is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Kay Pee Cee), but as this is harder to say than "Keep Parents Clueless," it is not often uttered using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation KPC is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "Don't tell your parents" instead of using KPC.
Example of KPC Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what KPC means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?