What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does KTHXBI Mean?KTHXBI (Okay Thanks Bye) is typically used to end a conversation with a passive aggressive overtone as KTHXBI carries a connotation of "thanks for nothing" or "whatever."
Of course, KTHXBI can be used in many other contexts for which the meaning of its words can be taken literally.
Image for KTHXBIWhen I write KTHXBI, I mean this: KTHXBI usually carries a connotation of "thanks for nothing."
Summary of Key Points"Okay, Thanks, Bye" is the most common definition for KTHXBI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Okay, Thanks, Bye|
(Not technically an abbreviation)
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of KTHXBI in SentencesHere are examples of KTHXBI being used in conversations:
- Charlie: You'll have to get the bus home as I'm giving Sarah a lift on my bike.
- Jordan: KTHXBI (Here, KTHXBI has a connotation of "thanks for nothing.")
- Charlie: I've put your tea in the fridge. I'll see you when I get home.
- Jordan: KTHXBI (Here, KTHXBI does not have an aggressive connotation.)
An Academic Look at KTHXBIKTHXBI is not technically an initialism abbreviation. It is best described as a cyber term, which has emerged for efficiency in writing.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "thanks for nothing" instead of KTHXBI.
Example of KTHXBI Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?