What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does LTD Mean?LTD means "Living The Dream." The abbreviation LTD is commonly used to inform someone that you feel your life is great and your dreams have come true.
Of note, LTD can also be used sarcastically to suggest the opposite, if you believe your situation could not get any worse. (For example, doing a job you dislike, living in unpleasant conditions or experiencing financial difficulties.)
"Living the Dream" was also the title of a 2006 American film directed by Christian Schoyen.
Image for LTDWhen I write LTD, I mean this: The image shows someone who is happy with their life and is "living the dream."
Summary of Key Points"Living The Dream" is the most common definition for LTD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Living The Dream|
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LTD in SentencesHere are examples of LTD being used in conversations:
- Jerry: I've got the girl, the house, the job, everything I always wanted.
- Sam: Hah! Well done mate. Truly LTD then. (Here, LTD is used in a positive sense.)
- Anna: How's things? Heard you're struggling a bit at the moment.
- Robyn: 14-hour day, no car, no boyfriend and a rubbish wage, yeah, I'm really LTD. (Here, LTD is used ironically.)
An Academic Look at LTDAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ell Tee Dee"), LTD is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "life is a bowl of cherries" instead of LTD.
Example of LTD Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?