What Does LYA Mean?LYA means "Love You Always."
The abbreviation LYA is used with the meaning "Love You Always" as a way of saying you will always love someone, regardless of anything else that may happen. It is typically used when closing a conversation with a loved one, but is also sometimes used at the end of messages between close friends.
- "Love You Always" can also be abbrieviated as LUA.
- The abbreviation LYA is sometimes also used with the meaning "Leave You Alone." In this context, LYA is used to indicate that you are going to stop texting or talking to someone for a while (maybe because of an argument).
Image for LYA
When I write LYA, I mean this:
LYA means this love is forever.
Summary of Key Points"Love You Always" is the most common definition for LYA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Love You Always|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LYA in SentencesHere are examples of LYA being used in conversations:
- Chantelle:Will you love me forever?
- Ryan:Of course I will. I'll LYA.
- Karen:I've done all your washing and cooked a meal.
- Tom: Fantastic! LYA.
An Academic Look at LYAWhether used with the meaning "Love You Always" or "Leave You Alone," the abbreviation LYA is typically used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). In other words, it is not often used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I'll always love you" or "I will love you forever" instead of using LYA.
Example of LYA Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoA&F (Always And Forever) AAF (Always And Forever) IWALU (I Will Always Love You) IWALY (I Will Always Love You) LUA (Love You Always) LYAAF (Love You Always And Forever) Using the heart symbols
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.