What Does LYTD Mean?LYTD means "Love You to Death." It is an abbreviation used to express deep, intense love. It implies that the feelings of the sender are so intense that they might die from them.
LYTD is typically used between love-struck teenagers, but is also sometimes used in a more jokey way between mature couples. If the feelings are not reciprocated, LYTD may be considered as creepy or even threatening.
Image for LYTD
When I write LYTD, I mean this:
LYTD is another way of saying "I love you so much."
Summary of Key Points"Love You to Death" is the most common definition for LYTD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Love You to Death|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of LYTD in SentencesHere are examples of LYTD being used in conversations:
- Phil: How long will you love me?
- Danni: I'll LYTD.
- Phil: That's a bit creepy.
- Tony: If I had a star for every time you brightened my day, I'd have a galaxy in my hand.
- Jordan: Your cheesy lines are why I LYTD.
An Academic Look at LYTDThe abbreviation LYTD is often used as a declarative sentence (i.e., statement). It is not always used as a part of speech in a wider sentence.
LYTD is an initialism abbreviation. Technically, this means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ell Why Tee Dee"), but it is not spoken using its letters. In other words, the abbreviation LYTD is for efficiency in writing and not efficiency in speech.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "I will always love you" instead of LYTD.
Example of LYTD Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoILUSM (I Love You So Much) ILYF (I'll Love You Forever) ILYLT (I Love You Long Time) ILYSDM (I Love You So Damn Much) ILYVM (I Love You Very Much) Using the heart symbols
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.