What Does MANFLU Mean?MANFLU means "A Manís Exaggerated Response To Symptoms Of Cold Or Flu."
The word MANFLU is often used by women (and sometimes by other men) to refer to "A Manís Exaggerated Response To Symptoms Of Cold Or Flu." Whilst MANFLU is typically used humorously, it can also be used pejoratively to imply that a man is deliberately exaggerating the symptoms of illness in order to elicit sympathy or avoid work.
MANFLU is widely regarded as a joke condition. However, in 2017, Dr. Kyle Sue, a clinical assistant professor at Memorial University of Newfoundland, suggested men may actually suffer worse and more prolonged symptoms than women when faced with the common cold or flu, due to have having weaker immune responses to respiratory viruses.
Image for MANFLU
When I write MANFLU, I mean this:
MANFLU is never "Just a cold."
Summary of Key Points"A Manís Exaggerated Response To Symptoms Of Cold Or Flu" is the most common definition for MANFLU on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||A Manís Exaggerated Response To Symptoms Of Cold Or Flu|
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
1: Easy to guess
Adults, Teenagers, and Under 13s
Examples of MANFLU in SentencesHere are examples of MANFLU being used in conversations:
- Cheryl: How's Tom.
- Mandy: He'll be fine. Just got a touch of MANFLU.
- Cheryl: How's Tom now?.
- Mandy: It wasn't MANFLU. He was rushed to hospital to have his appendix removed. He's gonna be OK.
An Academic Look at MANFLUAs it is formed by merging two words into one, MANFLU is classified as a portmanteau word. It is formed by amalgamating man and flu. (The word "flu" is an abbreviation of influenza.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?The word MANFLU, meaning "A Manís Exaggerated Response To Symptoms Of Cold Or Flu," predates the digital era.
Example of MANFLU Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.