What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does NT Mean?NT most commonly means "No Thanks." Of note, however, the abbreviation NT has several meanings:
- No Thanks. No Thanks is by the far the most common meaning for NT.
- Next Time. Next Time (meaning you'll do something on another occasion) is also fairly common.
- Nice Try. Nice Try is the least common of the three meanings. It is a response to discovering that someone is trying to catch you out.
Image for NTWhen I write NT, I mean this: NT usually means "No Thanks"
Summary of Key Points"No Thanks" is the most common definition for NT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of NT in SentencesHere are examples of NT being used in conversations:
- Harry: Do you want to watch a horror film tonight?
- Alice: You must be joking, NT. (Here, NT means No Thanks.)
- Carl: The party tonight has been cancelled so you won't see that girl you're after.
- Mike: I'm already here, buddy. NT. (Here, NT means Nice Try.)
An Academic Look at NTAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "En Tee"), NT is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have said something like "no, thank you" instead of NT.
Example of NT Used in a Text
Help Us To Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?