What Does POF Mean?POF means "Plenty of Fish" and refers to the online dating website created by Markus Frind. It was launched as a business in 2004 and is popular primarily in Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, Brazil, and the United States.
Image for POF
When I write POF, I mean this:
Plenty of Fish is an online dating website.
Summary of Key Points
Definition for POFPOF means "Plenty of Fish (dating website)". This is the most common meaning for POF on social-media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat.
|Definition:||Plenty of Fish (dating website)|
2: Quite easy to guess
Examples of POF in SentencesHere are examples of POF being used in conversations:
- Tony: Have you been on POF?
- Jordan: Yeah, it's full of old people.
- Tony: I saw your profile on POF.
- Jordan: Er, that's not me.
An Academic Look at POFAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Pee Oh Eff"), POF is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words. Of interest, POF is rarely pronounced "poff," which would make it an acronym.
Example of POF Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See Also0 (passive or bottom partner) 0_point_5 (sexually versatile) 1 (active or top partner) 419 (For One Night) DFS (dating for sport) E-DATING (online dating)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.