What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does RHI Mean?RHI means "Rumour Has It." The abbreviation RHI is used to make it clear that what has just been said is only based on rumor, gossip or hearsay. It emphasizes that the information may be untrue or at least partially incorrect.
"Rumor Has It" is the title of a 2005 romantic comedy starring Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Costner. It was also the title of a song released by UK singer Adele in 2011.
Image for RHIWhen I write RHI, I mean this: Rumor is often sparked by gossip or hearsay.
Summary of Key Points"Rumour Has It" is the most common definition for RHI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Rumour Has It|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of RHI in SentencesHere are examples of RHI being used in conversations:
- Shirley: Do you like the new girl?
- Denise: Seems okay. RHI she's been married five times.
- Lance: They've called a meeting at lunchtime.
- Orla: RHI they're going to make three people redundant.
An Academic Look at RHIAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ar Aitch Eye"), RHI is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
RHI can be used as a standalone declarative sentence (i.e., a statement). It is not always used as another part of speech within a wider sentence.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Rumour Has It" or something like "A Little Birdie Told Me" instead of using RHI.
Example of RHI Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what RHI means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?