What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does R&R Mean?R&R most commonly means "Rest and Recuperation," which is a time period specifically designated to allow recovery after strenuous or relentless activity. For example, soldiers serving on operational tours are often given a period of R&R during their tours and at the end. Of note, R&R is sometimes expanded to "Rest and Relaxation." This meaning has a different connotation as it focuses more on chilling out than essential recovery.
R&R also has the following meanings:
- Revise and Resubmit. R&R is an instruction to reshow some work.
- Read and Review. R&R is a request from an author for feedback on work.
- Ritalin and Redbull. R&R is a drink taken by college students to provide caffeine-induced motivation.
- Tony: I'm going to do absolutely nothing during R&R.
- Jordan: I hear you. (Here, R&R means Rest and Recuperation.)
- Tony: How was your report received?
- Jordan: The boss just wrote R&R. (Here, R&R means Revise and Resubmit.)
- Tony: Here's my new manuscript. R&R.
- Jordan: Will do. (Here, R&R means Read and Review.)
- Tony: I'll never stay awake to learn this lot.
- Jordan: You need some R&R, mate. (Here, R&R means Ritalin and Redbull.)
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
Image for R&RWhen I write R&R, I mean this: R&R most commonly means Rest and Recuperation.
Summary of Key Points"Rest and Recuperation" is the most common definition for R&R on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Rest and Recuperation|
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of R&R in SentencesHere are examples of R&R being used in conversations:
An Academic Look at R&RWhen R&R means "Rest and Recuperation" or "Ritalin and Redbull," it is used like a noun. However, when it means "Read and Review" or "Revise and Resubmit," it is used like an imperative sentence (i.e., an order).
Second Definition for R&RThis meaning was also noted:
|Definition:||Revise and Resubmit (writing)|
Adults and Teenagers
Example of R&R Used in a Text