What Does SKIN Mean in a Text?SKIN means Aesthetic Look in an online gaming context.
The term SKIN can apply to the look and feel of a player, a game's environment, or even hardware equipment (such as consoles or control pads). Changing a SKIN means changing the aesthetic look of something; it doesn't usually affect the game play.
Some games, most obviously CounterStrike, offer new SKINS in loot boxes as a game incentive. SKINS that have been earned during game-play can also be traded for real money among players.
Image for SKIN
When I write SKIN, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points"Aesthetic Look" is the most common definition for SKIN on online gaming forums.
|Slang Word (Jargon)
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of SKIN in SentencesHere is an example of SKIN being used in an online conversation:
- Jack: Your new SKIN makes you look camp!
- Mark: And?
- Jack: No, nothing. Just sayin'.
Example of SKIN Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoOnline Gaming Terms The Use of Numbers in Text Speak What's the Purpose of a Hashtag? How to Spot Internet Grooming How to Spot a Drug User Using the currency symbols
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.