What Does SUM1 Mean?SUM1 means "Someone."
The abbreviation SUM1 is an "internet slang term" used in text-based communications with the meaning "Someone."
SUM1 uses the number 1 to replace the word "one," in the same way as in the abbreviations NE1 (Anyone) and NO1 (No-one).
"Alien Invasion: S.U.M.1" is the title of a 2017 science fiction film, starring Iwan Rheon and directed by Christian Pasquariello.
Image for SUM1
When I write SUM1, I mean this:
NE1 can be SUM1.
Summary of Key Points"Someone" is the most common definition for SUM1 on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
1: Easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of SUM1 in SentencesHere are examples of SUM1 being used in conversations:
- Q: What do you call SUM1 else's cheese?
- A: Nacho cheese!
- Q:What do you do if SUM1 says an onion is the only food that can make them cry?
- A: Hit them in the face with a potato!
An Academic Look at SUM1SUM1 is defined as an "internet slang term" by our team because some of its characters are used as substitutes for letters. Most "slang terms" were introduced to reduce the number of key strokes required to write the word, but since the arrival of predictive texting and keyboards on mobile devices, this efficiency is no longer required. Nevertheless, "slang terms" are still regularly used to make messages more entertaining or to express individuality. "Slang terms" differ from icons because they are not pictorial representations.
Someone is an indefinite pronoun, as it is a substitute for a noun and refers to a non-specific person or thing. Here are some other common indefinite pronouns:
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Someone" instead of using SUM1.
Example of SUM1 Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoANON (Unknown Person) CHADROOL (Stupid Person) SVS (Someone Very Special) BIG TIME (Much More Than Normal)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.