What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
Search our site
What Does SWIDT Mean?SWIDT means "See What I Did There?". The abbreviation SWIDT is used as a question (usually rhetorical) with the meaning "[Did You] See What I Did There?".
SWIDT is typically used to draw attention to something funny or clever that someone has just said, especially when they have made a play on words or a clever link between two subjects.
Image for SWIDTWhen I write SWIDT, I mean this: SWIDT makes sure everyone has got it.
Summary of Key Points"See What I Did There?" is the most common definition for SWIDT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||See What I Did There?|
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of SWIDT in SentencesHere are examples of SWIDT being used in conversations:
- Tom: Do you love Helen?
- Jose: I love her to Helen back. SWIDT?!
- Comedian: The past, present and future all walked into a bar. It was tense. SWIDT?
An Academic Look at SWIDTSWIDT plays the role of an interrogative sentence (i.e., a question), but it is commonly seen without a question mark. In other words, it can be written "SWIDT?" or "SWIDT".
As it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Ess Dublyoo Eye Dee Tee"), SWIDT is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we might have just said "See What I Did There" instead of using SWIDT.
Example of SWIDT Used in a Text
"Cyber Speak" TestYou now know what SWIDT means, but are you good at Cyber Speak? Well, let's see!
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?