What is a COVIDIOT? Can sounds give you brain tingles? What is a man looking for younger girls called? What is an "Unexplained Drinking Injury (UDI)"? What does QQ mean? P911 means parents are watching! Why does <4 mean "more than love"? What does DIAMOND HANDS mean? Send an encrypted message. Learn all the Snapchat emojis.
What Does TEA Mean?TEA means "Gossip." The use of the word TEA to mean "Gossip" probably originated in the southern United States, where it was the custom for ladies to gather in the afternoon to drink tea and exchange rumors and stories.
In the context of "Gossip," TEA is most typically seen in the phrases "Spill the TEA" (to pass on gossip or rumors) and "Sip the TEA" (to listen to gossip or rumors).
Summary of Key Points"gossip" is the most common definition for TEA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Type:||Slang Word (Jargon)|
Adults and Teenagers
Image for TEAWhen I write TEA, I mean this:
Sipping the TEA is almost as much fun as spilling it.
Examples of TEA in SentencesHere are examples of TEA being used in conversations:
- Tony: Hey girl! What's the TEA?
- Jordan: Didn't you hear about Tiffany?
- Tony: Did you hear about what went down at the party last night?
- Jordan: Not yet! Let's get comfy so you can spill the TEA!
An Academic Look at TEATEA is typically used as a noun (i.e., a naming word). For example:
- Did you hear the TEA about Georgia? (Here, TEA is being used as a noun.)
Example of TEA Used in a Text
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Did you know a slang term that we've missed?