What Does TITT Mean in a Text?TITT means "Throw In The Towel."
The abbreviation TITT is used with the meaning "Throw In The Towel" as an admission of defeat.
The phrase "Throw In The Towel" originates from boxing matches, where a member of a fighter's support team throws a towel into the ring to signal that the fighter is unable or unwilling to continue with the contest. The phrase is now widely used in conversation and print with the meaning "to surrender," "give up," or "give in."
In this video, a boxing coach "Throws In The Towel" to save his fighter from further punishment:
Image for TITT
When I write TITT, I mean this:
TITT and give up.
Summary of Key Points"Throw In The Towel" is the most common definition for TITT on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Throw In The Towel
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of TITT in SentencesHere are examples of TITT being used in conversations:
- Ray: What's the difference between a good joke and a bad joke timing.
- Will: If you're hoping to be a comedian, I'd TITT now.
- Jack: Sometimes I feel like TITT.
- Kitty: But, that just means more laundry!
An Academic Look at TITTAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e.,"Tee Eye Tee Tee"), TITT is classified as an initialism abbreviation.
Although the phrase "Throw In The Towel" is literal in origin, in normal use it is an idiom. An idiom is a commonly used expression whose meaning does not relate to the literal meaning of its words. Other examples of idioms are:
- He has an axe to grind. (To have an axe to grind means to have a dispute with someone.)
- Let sleeping dogs lie. (To let sleeping dogs lie means to avoid restarting an argument or conflict.)
What Did We Say before Texting and Social Media?Before the digital era, we would have just said "Throw In The Towel" instead of using the abbreviation TITT.
Example of TITT Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.