What Does UDI Mean?A UDI (an Unidentified Drinking Injury) is typically found the morning after a heavy drinking session. The injured party usually has no recollection whatsoever about how the injury occurred.
The "Hangover" series of films offers lots of good examples of UDIs (the most obvious example being when dentist "Stu Price" wakes up to find a tooth missing). All the films are based on determining how UDIs occurred.
Image for UDI
When I write UDI, I mean this:
This image shows a man with an injury sustained while drunk. He has no idea how the injured happened.
Summary of Key Points"Unidentified Drinking Injury" is the most common definition for UDI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Unidentified Drinking Injury|
4: Difficult to guess
Examples of UDI in SentencesHere are some examples of UDI being used in sentences:
- Did we get in a fight or something last night? I have two UDIs. (Here, UDI is being used as a noun. Note: There is no need to use an apostrophe to show the plural of an abbreviation.)
- I woke up this morning with a UDI problem. (In this example, UDI is being used as an adjective.)
An Academic Look at UDIUDI is an initialism abbreviation. This means it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., Yu Dee Aye). Initialisms contrast with acronyms, which are spoken like words. UDI is typically used as a noun.
Of note, the abbreviation UDI attracts the article "a" as opposed to "an" because it starts with a consonant sound (Yu). However, when spoken or written in full, it attracts "an" because it starts with a vowel sound (uh).
Example of UDI Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.