What Does UEFA Mean?UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) is the administrative body for association football in Europe, although several member nations have territory which is partially or entirely in Africa or Asia (e.g., Turkey and Kazakhstan). UEFA consists of 54 national association members and is one of six continental confederations of world football's governing body FIFA.
Until 1959, the main headquarters were located in Paris, and later in Bern. In 1995, UEFA headquarters moved to Nyon in Switzerland. Henri Delaunay was the first general secretary and Ebbe Schwartz the first president.
UEFA's jurisdiction covers nation and club competitions including the UEFA European Championship, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, and UEFA Super Cup. It controls prize money, regulations, and media rights to those competitions.
Image for UEFA
When I write UEFA, I mean this:
The image shows the official logo for the UEFA Champions League.
Summary of Key Points"Union of European Football Associations" is the most common definition for UEFA on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
|Definition:||Union of European Football Associations|
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of UEFA in SentencesHere is an example of UEFA being used in a conversation:
- Charlie: Did you see on the news that UEFA is going to clamp down on footballers caught using recreational drugs?
- Jordan: It's about time! Some are getting out of control.
- Charlie: Yes. It's all part of the drive by FIFA to clean up the game.
An Academic Look at UEFAUEFA is an acronym (i.e., an abbreviation spoken like a word). Acronyms differ from initialism abbreviations, which are pronounced using their individual letters.
Example of UEFA Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoAFL (Australian Football League) CFL (Canadian Football League) FC (Football Club) FIFA (Federation International de Football Association) FNB (football and beer) MNF (monday night football) Using the currency symbols
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.