What Does UNNI Mean?UNNI means "Older Sister."
UNNI is a Korean word meaning "Older sister." It is traditionally used by Korean females as a respectful form of address towards an older sister or female friend.
Since the growth of Hallyu (the "Korean Wave") , UNNI has come to be used by fans of all genders to address a Korean actress or singer they admire.
Image for UNNI
When I write UNNI, I mean this:
Summary of Key Points"Older Sister" is the most common definition for UNNI on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
4: Difficult to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Example of UNNI Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoAEGYO (cuteness or charm) DAEBAK (awesome!) ENHYPEN (South Korean boy band) FIGHTING (go for it!) HALLYU (Korean wave) HANBOK (traditional Korean clothing) K- (Korean) K-DRAMA (Korean drama) K-POP (Korean pop music) K-STYLE (Korean style) KONGLISH (Korean-English) NOONA (older sister) OPPA (older brother) SKINSHIP (intimate non-sexual contact)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.