What Does VOD Mean?VOD means "Video On Demand." Video on demand is an increasingly popular entertainment system which allows users to select and view video content when they choose, rather than having to watch scheduled broadcasts. VOD systems typically stream through set-top boxes, computers or tablets and smart phones. Popular VOD platforms include Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Image for VOD
When I write VOD, I mean this:
The image shows two children watching a video on a laptop.
Summary of Key Points"Video-On-Demand" is the most common definition for VOD on Snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok.
2: Quite easy to guess
Adults and Teenagers
Examples of VOD in SentencesHere are examples of VOD being used in conversations:
- Tony: Might watch a film on VOD tonight if you're interested?
- Jordan: Definitely!
- Tony: Did you watch the new episode last night?
- Jordan: No but I've got VOD so I'll watch it later.
An Academic Look at VODAs it is pronounced using its individual letters (i.e., "Vee Oh Dee"), VOD is classified as an initialism abbreviation. Initialisms are different to acronyms, which are spoken like words.
Example of VOD Used in a Text
Help Us Improve Cyber Definitions
- Do you disagree with something on this page?
- Did you spot a typo?
- Do you know a slang term that we've missed?
See AlsoSCART (audio/video tv connector) DIVX (video format) DVDRIP (video copied from a dvd) FMV (full motion video) HDTV (high definition television)
QuizTry our fun quiz to test your knowledge of slang and texting abbreviations.
- This test has questions.
- A correct answer is worth 5 points.
- You can get up to 5 bonus points for a speedy answer.
- Some questions demand more than one answer. You must get every part right.
- Beware! Wrong answers score 0 points.
- 🏆 If you beat one of the top 3 scores, you will be invited to apply for the Hall of Fame.